Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Transfer news: Jose Reina understands Luis Suarez's quit plea at Liverpool

Jose Reina would like to see Luis Suarez remain at Liverpool, but understands why he is looking to leave Anfield.
Suarez has expressed a desire to move on this summer after growing disillusioned with life in England.
He feels he has been unfairly singled out for criticism and believes a fresh start is required in order to breathe new life into his career.
Liverpool have informed the Uruguay international that they have no intention of sanctioning a sale, with Suarez a key performer in Brendan Rodgers' plans, but they could see their resolve tested once the transfer window re-opens.
"Hopefully, as I say, he will stay at Liverpool for many years. But I would understand, if the right offer comes for him and for the club, for him to go."
Jose Reina
Reds keeper Reina hopes Suarez can be persuaded to stay on Merseyside, but sympathises with his club colleague and appreciates why he feels the need to make a move.
He said: "I would like for Luis to stay at Liverpool, but I understand if he is thinking about leaving for a bigger club.
"When I say 'bigger', I don't mean as a club. I mean challenging for titles, playing in the Champions League and competing with the best.
"Because of his situation, and because of his treatment by the media, it would have been difficult for any player, not just for Luis, to stay strong and be happy to stay.
"Hopefully, as I say, he will stay at Liverpool for many years. But I would understand, if the right offer comes for him and for the club, for him to go."

0 comments:

Post a Comment